neuro electronics.org - home
We are happy to enlighten you about, and keep worldwide together: neuro(-)electronics.
This is a sub-site of our main site: http://insomnia.academy
ICF has 5 websites, of which is the 'homesite' - http://insomnia.academy
As known for ages, neurons pass on electronic signals, as for examples to muscles.
The electronic part of neurons was very little examined until 1956: Hodgkin and Huxley tool a neuron from a giant squid and measured it. I lead to the famous article that brought them the Nobel prize.
Since then one can say that out of this basic neuro-electronics, whereby parts of a neuron can be seen as parts of an electronic circuit, the following disciplines emerged:
1) computational neuroscience: of electronic circuits, one can make models of electric variables over time. To underscore the brilliance of these people: author born 1930 (we are 2013) - roadmap to 'whole brains stimulation' with computational neuroscience - brilliant (pdf 130p.)
2) bio-electronics: BCI, Brain-Computer Interfaces are important here, whereby electric signals of organic neurons are submitted to men-made hardware where it is translated into an effect (like moving an arm)
3) molecular electronics, whereby - unlike 1) - the electronic components are formed by molecules themselves (this will be the hardest part for most people)
4) neural network mathematics, whereby the arrangement of neurons is compared to some basic mathematical frameworks. One of the mathematical predictions of the 1980-s was for example that the most stable neural network form would be one with synchronized neural oscillations. Which is indeed the case during SWS, Slow Wave Sleep, as was discovered later.
Neuroelectronics is part of neuroscience. Neuroscience is not part of medicine (medicine is more of a 'practice', incorporating part of science).
world of neuro electronics
For you convenience, we try to be up to date as much as possible of any party that studies neuro-electronics. Please find here a list - and if you have a suggestion: please mail us, we will add it (after verification).
EXACT SCIENCE CONQUERS MEDICAL WORLD
One must not think anymore that biology is completely different from mathematics or electronical engineering: in the end, on a cell and molecular scale, both disciplines merge.
For exact scientists and engineers, it is a nice exact field with human touch. For others, it is 'finally making medicine more exact'.
Most components of an electronic circuit, as represented here are performed by parts of the neural cell.
- Links of important parties in neuroelectronics world
Do you miss anything? Any suggestion, comment or idea is welcome, firstname.lastname@example.org (ICF stands for Insomnia Clients Foundation, ICF 'adopted' the 'wellfare' of neuro electronics by using .org on neuroelectronics.org )